[Lazarus] Lazarus make me create better apps

Razvan Adrian Bogdan lightningflash at gmail.com
Thu May 20 19:43:25 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 6:06 AM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:

> If I read this, nativeclient seems to be more RIA oriented than web
> oriented.

Yes, horsepower and safety, 2 in 1 just like your shampoo and other cleaning
products. (Ajax, Comet, anyone ?)

> Google is the only one pushing it, and it is mostly its own browser on 3
> OSes on two and an half architectures.

Not really, Mozilla is working hard to add support for NaCl, i accidentally
stumbled upon a document describing how it should be implemented, i assume
everyone would love this and Firefox is already a powerful and respected
browser, they even have some mobile version (forgot the name).

> Doesn't sound as it ever is going to be ubiquitous enough to challenge e.g.
> javascripts position.

Sooner than we think, even sooner than WebGL, O3D and other funky
technologies meant to replace Flash and Silverlight.
It needs a nice language and compiler before it becomes popular, i think few
people would write web apps using gcc, probably only game companies.

Razvan