[Lazarus] New AutoSize issue

faber faber.cpu at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:42:24 CEST 2010

> I guess it is a win32 interface bug, because you wrote it
> works on some windows and not on windows XP.
> The calls are in lcl/interfaces/win32/win32wscontrols.pp
>
> TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide
>
> Add there a debug line:
>
>  debugln(['TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide ',dbgsname(AWinControl),'
> ',AWinControl.HandleObjectShouldBeVisible]);
>
> Run it.
> Is the stringgrid made visible there?

TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide SR1:TStringGrid1 True        - and I don't see
SR1

but what I observed, sometime on good working WinXP there is also problem
with showing Arrow also, as example, that debug:

  TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide StopA:TButton False
  TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide :TStringGrid1 False
  449-:-743 -1
  449-:-743 -1
  TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide OptsR:TArrow True
  TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide SR1:TStringGrid1 True

don't show Arrow but show SR1.
But what's important, I observed that the problem occurs only when the order
of debug lines is wrong (on autosizing delayed). When I get that debug:
  set sr1 to visible
  449-:-743 -1
  449-:-743 -1
  TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide SR1:TStringGrid1 True
  TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide :TStringGrid1 False
  TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide OptsR:TArrow True
  TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide StopA:TButton False
then everything is always ok.

And during the testing, I got this error once:

set sr1 to visible
449-:-743 -1
449-:-743 -1
TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide SR1:TStringGrid1 True
TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide :TStringGrid1 False
TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide
TWin32WSWinControl.ShowH
ide StopA:TButton False
TApplication.HandleException Disk Full
  Stack trace:
  $00492E9D
  $0049241F
  $005A5BFD
  $00520C8B
  $005211E9
  $0040B93A
  $0051BD00
  $00523948
  $0051A179
  $0051A0D7
  $00518CE6
  $00518CA7
  $00518CA7
  $00518CA7
  $00518B4B
  $0052A914
  $0052A904
exception at 00062DE8.
TWin32WSWinControl.ShowHide :TBitBtn True