[Lazarus] IDE layouts

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat May 22 09:29:05 CEST 2010

Am 22.05.2010 06:15, schrieb Reimar Grabowski:
> On Fri, 21 May 2010 21:26:22 +0200
> Hans-Peter Diettrich<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>  wrote:
>
>> B) With multiple editor windows, the layout includes the files, open in
>> an editor window.
>
> Can you explain why? IMHO layout and content should be separated.
>
> R.

But the editor windows are part of the layout.

Imagine you have a layout that has two editor windows open. Now you
switch to another layout that has only one editor window (now the open
files might get "merged"). If you now switch back to your previous
layout you might want to have all files open in their previous
corresponding editor windows (and the newly opened files in the default
editor) - at least I would want that. So you have to store the opened
files per editor window somewhere.

Regards,
Sven