[Lazarus] PRADO - PHP in Delphi/Lazarus style

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Sat May 22 16:34:42 CEST 2010

FYI: FPC has a web component already.

The problem with these things is that AJAX apps require back-end
server tie-ins.  A binding technology would be required to interface
with Apache and other Web services to make this work.  I think JS with
prototyping would be essential in converting the LFM and Pas units to
JavaScript / CSS / HTML codebase.

There is certainly a strong demand for IntraWeb development for
"internal development houses" but C# .Net is refined in this space.
My server platform compiles in Lazarus certainly needs a RAD Tool.  I
think a challenge in precipitating support for such an endeavor would
be convincing developers who prefer prototyping with JavaScript to
contribute for others just to develop RAD for others who don't know
how to create JS code :-)

At some point down the road I'm sure we'll see something accomplished
along that route... Especially since it is the easiest way to get into
the iPad, iPhone, smartphone markets... over the web browser via AJAX

Having a core set of components for LCL would be work but beneficial.
I know I'm needing to acquire/develop a TListView component as well as
an iterator to populate the TListView.  And before I release - I will
have a Database Component which will essentially be an AJAX wrapper to
the SQLDB components.

Anyways, good discussion.