[Lazarus] Fastest way to draw

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Sat May 22 18:03:20 CEST 2010

On Sat, 22 May 2010 19:28:20 +0800
Brad Campbell <brad at wasp.net.au> wrote:

> TImage.Canvas : 200ms / frame

> AggLCLCanvas : 90ms / frame

> AggLCLCanvas was taking 30ms just to do a clear. Using a filled rectangle with the desired
> background colour took only 10ms by comparison.
Did you report this bug?

> RGBBitmap32 : 19ms / frame

> but
> for just slapping lines down on a canvas LazRGBGraphics is hard to beat.
I'd like to give it a try. 19ms does not sound that fast. Definitly missing the magical 60fps. How many lines did you draw for this tests? And did you only measure the time for drawing/rendering or the time for a whole frame update?

:R:
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?