[Lazarus] Additional compiler config file is ignored by IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 25 11:06:53 CEST 2010

On 25 May 2010 10:13, Vincent Snijders wrote:

> And if you copy the options in Show options to a command line after the
> compiler path, what happens then?

OK, I finally figured out the problem. My *.cfg files had one line in
them listing all the compiler parameters one after the other.

Lazarus or FPC never listed any problems with that, as the compiler
output below shows.  It also (silently) never used any of the options
in the *.cfg file. But as soon as I change my *.cfg files to list one
parameter per line, then it compiles correctly.

So the problem actually sits with FPC. To highlight this problem, I
simply need to modify my *.cfg files to have multiple lines, but make
of the the lines contain more than one compiler parameter. Instantly
FPC fails to compile the project, but having them all on one line it
doesn't.

------------------[ full message window output with hidden lines
]--------------------
 '3.0.5.31.gb7cb8.dirty';
"Executing command before" completed
Hint: Start of reading config file /home/graemeg/.fpc.cfg
Hint: End of reading config file /home/graemeg/.fpc.cfg
Hint: Start of reading config file release64_build.cfg
Hint: End of reading config file release64_build.cfg
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.4.1 [2010/04/30] for x86_64
Copyright (c) 1993-2009 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for x86-64
Compiling tutoradmin.lpr
Compiling /home/graemeg/programming/MasterMaths/m2_system/Source/constants.pas
... <SNIP> ....
Linking ../../Bin/x86_64-linux/tutoradmin
/usr/bin/ld: warning: ../../Bin/x86_64-linux/link.res contains output
sections; did you forget -T?
528 lines compiled, 0.8 sec
97 hint(s) issued
"Executing command after" completed
Project "tutoradmin" successfully built

Thanks for helping me narrow down the issue.  I'll report this bug in
Mantis, FPC project.

  - Graeme -