[Lazarus] clarification / Re: constant-highlight ? [Re: quick opinion poll / pascal highlighting "case"]

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Wed May 26 07:06:34 CEST 2010

> waldo kitty schrieb:
> two spaces indention for each new section, not one or more than
> 2 and most definitely not tabs...

I find 3 spaces much more readable.

> for example:
> begin
>   if foo then
>     begin
>       bar := foo;
>       foo := not foo;
>     end;
>   if bar then
>     begin
>       foo := bar;
>       bar := not bar;
>     end;
> end.

But why have an indentation after BEGIN? There is no new block to start after BEGIN. I would indent like this:

begin
if foo then
   begin
   bar := foo;
   foo := not foo;
   end;
if bar then
   begin
   foo := bar;
   bar := not bar;
   end;
end.

You immediately see that there are two IF statements within the program block. If you indent after BEGIN too, then this is not so obvious (to me).

Ok, in the end it may be all a matter of what you are used to.

> similar for var, const, and type declarations, too... always two spaces...

Agree.