[Lazarus] component installation failure

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Wed May 26 20:07:12 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 26.05.2010, 10:41 +0200 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> On Wed, 26 May 2010 08:48:23 +0200
> Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de> wrote:
>
> > Am Dienstag, den 25.05.2010, 21:07 +0200 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> >[...]
> > >
> > > Always keep a good lazarus executable as backup.
> >
> > Some news on this topic:
> >
> > It looks like this is an error inside the self compiling mechanism of
> > lazarus. Anytime I allow a running lazarus to compile itself the nasty
> > spinlock error is thrown at startup.
> >
> > If I only use lazarus to configure packages, like removing the
> > unfinished and thus questionable one I'm working on, exit afterwards and
> > do "gmake bigide" anything works well. The registration and
> > deregistration of packages does actually work, too. This makes me assume
> > the 2.4.0 compiler is okay.
> >
> > Why my working package doesn't do seems to be a second question.
> >
> > Has there been any changes regarding threading in the self building code
> > of lazarus? Going the step back to the last svn version I've used
> > doesn't change the error, so that would have be done befor rev. 25285.
>
> The base IDE does not use threading.
> Maybe some package does.
> The IDE uses TProcess, which uses fork. Under OS X it sometimes
> returns an exitcode<>0 for no apparent reason. Maybe there is a similar
> bug under BSD.

Sound possible. But the only offer I can make reagarding debugging such
things is to hand out a log of truss or ktrace to someone willing and
able to read the result and project that on the inner workings of
lazarus. I took a look but it doesn't tell me much, because I cannot
relate it to lazarus' startup procedure.

Thanks so far,
--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>