[Lazarus] clarification / Re: constant-highlight ? [Re: quick opinion poll / pascal highlighting "case"]

Vannus vannus at gmail.com
Wed May 26 20:26:27 CEST 2010

> Ooops. Something went wrong with the formatting here. What I meant was:
> --------------------
>
> But when having it formatted like this
>
> if x then
>  begin
>  code
>  end
> else
>  if y then
>     begin
>     code
>     end
>  else
>     begin
>     code
>     end;
>
> you can immediately see that the new-command has to be inserted like that:
>
> if x then
>  begin
>  code
>  end
> else
>  begin
>  new-command
>  if y then
>     begin
>     code
>     end
>  else
>     begin
>     code
>     end;
>  end;
> --------------------

IMO thats redundant lines + more scrolling to read the code. whereas:-

if x then begin
  code
end else begin
  if y then begin
    code
  end else begin
    code
  end;
end;

involves less scrolling when its big, or when using smaller screen.
where the semicolons should go is clear
every line is functional, no redundant lines
more like one-line if

- V