[Lazarus] Regex and Syntax Highlighting

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed May 26 21:49:55 CEST 2010

On 26/05/2010 20:29, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2010 20:09:47 +0100
> Martin<lazarus at mfriebe.de>  wrote:
>

>> On 26/05/2010 19:54, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>
>>> Apparently it uses some kind of line state too and only updates
>>> till the visible area. Maybe synedit can do the same. At the moment
>>> syndit updates everything too often.
>>>

>> It's been on my todo for a long time (and some prep work, like moving
>> highlighter related functions from synedit to highlighter  have started....)
>>
>> It will be limited though =>  because folding needs to know the full deal
>> (as scrollbars depend on the total of visible (unfolded) lines.
>> Of course, if no nodes are folded =>  folding doesn't care (even if
>> switches on). It's only when a node actually is folded =>  then folding
>> needs to verify it still exists.
>>
> I see.

It doesn't mean that a deferred scan would not help at all.

Many people do not have folded nodes (collapsed nodes) at start up => if
all code is unfolded, the scan can be deferred, or done on idle.

I already started to make the highlighter more self-controlled, instead
of synedit doing all the calling.... but it's still some work left....

Martin