[Lazarus] fpWeb new examples

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu May 27 17:10:47 CEST 2010

On Thu, 27 May 2010, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:

> Hi, just updated my fpc from svn and noted a bunch of new examples were
> added to packages/fcl-web/examples/webdata. I can't build none of them.
>
> For example, the first, in directory demo has a unit called "wmusers.pp"
> which uses  "fpwebdata, fpextjs,extjsjson,extjsxml". Where can I find
> these units?.

These units are all in fcl-web/src/webdata. Just add that to your path.

> Also, in demo6, a package named LazWebdata is needed, I don't have
> it :(.

I am currently considering how to do this.

Normally, the lazweb package should be extended with these units. But
this means the lazweb package is only usable with subversion fpc 2.5.1.

The alternative is to keep the Lazwebdata package, and submit that to
the Lazarus team. But I would rather avoid this: there is no good reason
to keep it in a separate package, as it is an integral part of fcl-web.

It would be good to have support for enabling/disabling features in
packages :(

For the time being: add the fcl-web/src/webdata directory to the
project units dir, and delete the dependency on lazwebdata.

That's what you get for wanting to test cutting-edge development,
it's still a bit rough around the edges ;-)

Michael.