[Lazarus] fpweb with fcgi samples

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri May 28 10:01:50 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 19:46 -0300, silvioprog wrote:
> Em 27-05-2010 11:52, Michael Van Canneyt escreveu:
> [...]
> Requires the use of ExternalCGI feature in Apache, or the new
> CGI->FastCGI gateway.
>
> Please, do you know any article about it? I need to implement this
> (FCGI) on my Linux (Ubuntu 10.04).
>
> In this demo:
>
> "..lazarus/components/fpweb/demo/echo"
>
> Only with CGI is Ok, but, if I change:
>
> (...)
> program echo;
>
> {$mode objfpc}{$H+}
>
> uses
>   fpWeb,fpfcgi {<< here, from fpcgi to fpcgi}, wmecho;
> (...)
>
> I receive this tipical error:

> Internal Server Error

> unable to complete your request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at localhost and inform
> them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
> that may have caused the error.
>
> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
>
> Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80
>
> :'(
>

> Ps.: To apply fcgi on my apache, I used this tip:
>
> <http://code.google.com/p/extpascal/wiki/GettingStarted>

Please, don't do what that link says. Why does everybody do so difficult
when then want to use fcgi? It's a common, widely used technology. Even
by php.

For example, when you are on fedora, just do 'yum install mod_fpcgid'
and it'll work.

So look up how to install fastcgi support on your OS, and do that. Or if
you use Apache, look in the Apache documentation. Or the fastcgi
documentation.

Joost.