[Lazarus] fpweb with fcgi samples

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri May 28 10:10:00 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 15:16 -0300, silvioprog wrote:
> Em 27-05-2010 06:36, Bee Jay escreveu:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm about to study fpWeb and its FCGI support. But I didn't see any example that are using FCGI in SVN trunk. There are only CGIs and Apache modules. Can they be used with FCGI simply by changing the used unit? I also couldn't find any suffiecient docs about the FCGI support. Any hints?
> >
> > TIA.
> >
> > -Bee-
>
> I also have much interest.
>
> I am studying a way to create applications to run in the browser.
>
> My current study:
>
> . Apache+FastCGI+Gateway

Gateway? Why? That's even slower then normal cgi. Because the gateway is
in fact an cgi aplication that calls your fastcgi application. Thatn
you'd better create a direct cgi-application. (It's one compiler switch
away...)

> . fpWeb
> . HTML+CSS+JS
>
> If you find any helps (about FCGI + FPC), please share with us.

Fcgi is the same as cgi. Except that the process is started once and not
for each call. Nothing special here. (although you have to clean up all
stuf for the next request, offcourse. But you should that do for cgi
also, if you do it right)

Joost