[Lazarus] Using FPC parser/tokenizer for code formatting

Adem listmember at letterboxes.org
Fri May 28 18:47:44 CEST 2010

On 2010-05-28 18:13, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> Could you (or someone else) point me to the source files of FPC
>> parser/tokenizer please.
>>
>> I can guess that it won't be easy; but if it can be done, I think it
>> should be.
>>
>> It is the only way the code formatter can keep up with new features
>> of FPC.
> But, I am hoping to modify the FPC parser/tokenizer so that instead of
> it deciding whether to stop, it should do a callback and let the
> caller decide whether it should stop.
>
> fcl/packages/fcl-passrc.

Thank you.
> Note that this is NOT the scanner/parser used by the compiler itself,
> this one is used for the documentation generation and other tasks.
>
> Using the parser/scanner from the compiler is an impossible task,
> they are impossible to separate.
Hmmm..

Not really what I wanted to hear ;)

Is there a bounty sort of mechanism in this community?

Maybe someone would step in to modularize the scanner and the parser
functionalities (maybe the compiler too).

That sort of thing would not only make code formatting a breeze, it
would also help all sorts of things --code analysis, refactoring etc.

I'd be glat to put up a bounty.