[Lazarus] Using FPC parser/tokenizer for code formatting

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat May 29 05:18:12 CEST 2010

Adem schrieb:

>> That means that as soon as an error is encountered, the parser stops
>> parsing. That in turn means that everything below the error will not be
>> formatted.
> I am aware of that.
>
> But, I am hoping to modify the FPC parser/tokenizer so that instead of
> it deciding whether to stop, it should do a callback and let the caller
> decide whether it should stop.
>
> Is this likely to be unworthy of the effort?

It's not only a matter of making the parser proceed, it's also a matter
of *how* to proceed, i.e. to find some point in the source code where
parsing can continue. That code (to find an synchronization point) is
not part of the existing parser. Some research has to be done whether
it's possible to e.g. have the FPC parser as a base class, from which a
fault-tolerant parser class can be derived.

DoDi