[Lazarus] too many TXMLConfigs! (att: fcl-xml package maintainers)

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun May 30 12:37:26 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:35:24PM +0200, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> dmitry boyarintsev schrieb:
>
> > I must agree that marking the unit as "deprecated" should be enough.
> > It won't break the existing code using the old file, but would also
> > notify maintainers that they should update.
>
> I'd move such units into a "museum" place, apart from trunk. The museum
> can be downloaded separately, and an organization into packages may
> simplifiy the maintenance of legacy code.

The rules are like this:

First deprecate them (or clearly say so in the release manifest).

Then do a full release cycle with the sources left in, but not compiled into
the releases. (e.g. rtl/linux/oldlinux.pp is now getting that treatment)

Third, remove it, and either throw it away, or move it to some other
repository.