[Lazarus] too many TXMLConfigs! (att: fcl-xml package maintainers)

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun May 30 13:49:42 CEST 2010

On Sat, 29 May 2010 19:41:52 +0300
patspiper <patspiper at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 05/29/2010 09:35 AM, dmitry boyarintsev wrote:
> > I'm a bit puzzled there're 2 units in fpc-xml: xmlcfg and xmlconfg
> >
> > Both of them declare TXMLConfig class. The interfaces of both classes
> > seems to be quite identical.
> <snip>
> > LCL also provides its own TXMLConfig at Laz_XMLCfg (with the same interface).

Yes. Although there were some recent additions to the laz_xmlcfg that
might be interesting for the fcl.

They use different xml units. The laz_ units were copied from the fcl
and changed to UTF8 for internal processing for speed reasons.
This was some years ago and the FCL units were optimized and extended to
parse more stuff. Two weeks ago I copied them again and changed them to
UTF8. They are named laz2_ and not yet used, because I discovered an
incompatibility for xmlconfig and special characters. This needs to be
fixed.

> <snip>xmlconf: is used by LazReport
> > xmlcfg: is used by Grids, XMLPropStorage and the packager
> > (RegisterFCL.pas, but not sure why)
> > Laz_XMLCfg: is used by LazarusIDE, CodeTools, packager (!!) and fpdoceditor

Note: The IDE fpdoc editor does not use laz_xmlcfg, but the underlying
xml units (laz_dom, laz_xmlread).
The FPDoc editor "lazde" uses the FCL xml.

> Add to the list TConfigStorage in LazConfigStorage

That uses the FCL xml.

Mattias