[Lazarus] FCL-Image question

Matt Shaffer dazappa.matt at gmail.com
Mon May 31 05:35:25 CEST 2010

KrisztiƔn Nagy schrieb:

> I think don't forget about it. Simply putting some additional info to
> that messagebox that says "make sure you have the appropriate help files
> installed" maybe also giving some download url would make it faster to
> find the solution in such cases. Or say, make lazarus more user friendly :)

Currently I have almost the same problem. Help for installing Help
should be part of the distribution (exe or txt file), in case the help
system is not yet working at all.

We also should have local IDE help sources, for every lazarus version.
Just the IDE changed so much in the past, that help is either
unavailable, incomplete or inappropriate (see Help on Project Options).
The web resources are of little use, because they can cover only one
(older) version, and searching in the wiki doesn't reveal much really
useful, and related to the question :-(

DoDi