[Lazarus] fpweb for delphi?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon May 31 09:56:03 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 09:09:31AM -0700, Myles Wakeham wrote:
> Marco wrote:
>
>  >That leaves PHP. Which is good for small stuff, but I wouldn't like having
> it write to mission critical databases. PHP is only used for small potatoe
> and frontends. (leaving a service to do the real work).
>
> Huh?  Ever heard of Facebook?  Or SugarCRM?  They are PHP apps.

But do they write to mission critical databases? Where a wrong write will
get you sued?

> And PHP is not a front-end solution.  It runs on the server, not the
> client.  I think you are confusing it with Javascript/HTML/AJAX, etc.  all
> of which work with any back-end code (PHP, Perl, ASP, or FPC CGIs).

No I don't. Frontend of the application server solution. Frontend is
typically the customer facing part. It depends on what you take as customer,
the person or the browser what exactly makes up the frontend.

> does outperform for those applications.  But by the time I lose all my
> PHP extensions, frameworks, Smarty, etc. it would take me 3-4x the
> development effort to construct a web solution in FPC than in PHP.

Fine. But you don't answer the question: do they handle (write) mission critical
information directly to the database?