[Lazarus] TAchart multiple reticules and vertical series alignment

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Mon May 31 11:27:28 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 15:57, Rick <rick at sloservers.com> wrote:
> Alexander Klenin wrote:
>> My current thinking is that it should be a simple comma-separated list
>> of series indexes, but that seems somewhat un-Pascalish,
>> so maybe you have a better idea?
>
> I'm too new to Pascal and Lazarus to be of much help here.  If there's a way to
> pop up a list of TConstantLine types and store the selected indexes into an array,
> that would work.  Maybe we can find another custom control that does something
> similar and already solved this problem.

> The other ugly-hack idea I had was to add a new property to TConstantLine.
> IsDragable or ControlledByDragTool.  I'd much rather have the property in
> the tool, though.

This is the way UseReticule property works now, and I agree that it is not
the optimal design.

>> BTW, please do not write much code depending on current
>> TConstantLineDragTool
>> interface just yet -- I think I might change it substantially to a
>> more general one.
>>

> Oops, I was just in the middle of adding some events to it.  I was going to
> send you a patch
> but perhaps I'll just make a request if you're going to go in there soon anyway.

Thanks for your efforts. It is indeed easier for me at this stage to
do it myself,
since it is a small, but tricky change.

> I think the tool should have OnStart, OnChangePosition, and OnEnd events (or
> something similarly named).
> OnStart and OnEnd to be called from the MouseDown and MouseUp events, and
> OnChangePosition to be
> called from the MouseMove event.

I have added a group of mouse events to all chart tool descendants in r25799.
See toolsdemo for an example usage.

--
Alexander S. Klenin