[Lazarus] Installing FPC/Lazarus on Windows using SVN, no binaries

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Mon May 31 14:39:59 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Marc Weustink <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:
> Marcos Douglas wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> In the case of FPC on windows, best to install the last release
>>> (2.4.0/win32), take a copy of that dir, and copy the handcompiled
>>> snapshot
>>> over it.
>>>
>>> On *nix you don't need the release so much, and a proper starting
>>> compiler is
>>> enough to bootstrap afaik everything from SVN.
>>
>> I'm downloading Lazarus, from SVN[1], a lot of time...
>> The FPC[2] is with the Lazarus' SVN or I need to pick it apart?
>>
>> [1] http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk
>> [2] http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk
>
> under /svn/lazarus/... there is only lazarus source
> under /svn/fpc/... there is only fpc source
>
> So you need both.

Hi Marc,
I saw that, but thanks.

Well..
To not have problems to compile FPC and Lazarus on Windows, but
continue using SVN for the updates, I received a tip:

- Download a snapshot from ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/lazarus/snapshots/
- Install e.g. c:\lazarus (we would have FPC and Lazarus)
- Get sources at SVN and save e.g. c:\lazarus.svn
- Replace all folders from c:\lazarus.svn to c:\lazarus
- In the Lazarus: Tools -> Configure Build Lazarus -> CleanUp + Build All

This is the best choice for the Windows?
I can do this with FPC too?

Marcos Douglas