[Lazarus] false "disk is full" messages

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 09:35:40 CET 2010

Hi,

Has anybody else received false "Disk is full" error messages from Lazarus IDE?

Lazarus 0.9.29 r28160 FPC 2.4.3 x86_64-linux-gtk 2

I restarted Lazarus IDE a few times, and the error kept appearing when I
try and build my project. Other programs have no problems running or saving
information. I even copied a CD ISO image off our server to my system, just
to make sure I can write large amounts of data. Rebooting my system
resolved the IDE problem, but I still thought it worth mentioning the
issue. Clearly the "checking for free space" code is a bit buggy.

My project is located in my $HOME directory, and the /home partition has
plenty of space - 18GB to be exact (as the 'df-h' command shows). The root
(/) partition also has ample space (8.8GB free).

I couldn't have run out of memory either, as I have 4GB in my system, which
is more than enough for the applications I had running (JWM, Firefox,
Thunderbird and Lazarus IDE)

See the Mantis bug report for a screenshot.

PS:
I did not want to upgrade my lazarus to a more recent revision (even though
it's not that old), because the messages posted in recent days suggest that
the 0.9.29 IDE is more unstable than normal, and I finally found a revision
which works (more often than not).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/