[Lazarus] Portable way to enumerate serial ports?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 10:40:47 CET 2010

Is there a way that one can use to list the actual serial ports
available on a system that will work on both Windows and Linux?
That is, is there a class/method or such already coded to give me a
list of com ports when called?

The com ports are differently named in Windows and Linux, but it
should be possible to get a list of ports actually available.
But not using a listing of dev with ttys in the name, because I have
found that in my test Linux systems there are always 4 of these even
though there is only hardware for a single port...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden