[Lazarus] ProjTemplates package issues & bugs

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 08:24:21 CET 2010

Op 2010-11-01 17:15, patspiper het geskryf:

> Since I am not familiar with this package, I wanted to get some feedback
> before I report the bugs on mantis.

I get all the same bugs you mention and then some... The "project
templates" is a nice idea in the IDE, but practically it is riddled with
bugs and is simply not usable at this point. Other than you and myself, I
don't think anybody has actually tried to use that IDE add-on.

It was simply easier to create my own IDE add-on package which registers a
new project type, by-passing the IDE Templates idea. For an example of such
a IDE add-on package, have a look at the following URL (part of fpGUI
repository)

http://tinyurl.com/2cthede

...or the original looooong URL...

http://fpgui.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=fpgui/fpgui;a=tree;f=extras/lazarus_ide;h=4d006c843d0ed5c550161d13f31b103342d71398;hb=HEAD

I'm not sure, but I think there might be similar examples included with
Lazarus sources.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/