[Lazarus] News on Delphi x64

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 2 14:19:10 CET 2010

waldo kitty schrieb:
> On 11/1/2010 05:51, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> Op 2010-11-01 11:26, Sven Barth het geskryf:
>>>
>>> A little entry about some details of Delphi x64 I stumbled on today:
>>
>> And let me guess, they took no cues from FPC,
>
> they probably don't even know that FPC exists...

According to my last year observations in the Embarcadero groups, they
are very well aware of FPC/Lazarus, and the many features not available
in Delphi (platforms, 64 bit).

They may have choosen the Delphi-X way for the integration of other
platforms, based exclusively on Windows, just to keep Delphi distinct
from the FPC/LCL approach.

DoDi