[Lazarus] How to stop Lazarus from loading previous project on start?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 23:22:38 CET 2010

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 22:09:04 +0000, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

>On 02/11/2010 21:57, Bo Berglund wrote:
>>
>> Now I have an error box:
>>
>> Unable to find file "componenttreeview.pas"
>> If it belongs to your project, check search path in.... (long text
>> follows)
>componenttreeview.pas is part of IDEIntf => a quick file search reveals
>that)
>
>I assume you are compilng your package? => then you need IDEIntf as
>dependency to you package

This is crazy, I just wanted to uninstall the 5dposerial package so I
opened the Package/Configure packages dialog, selected the 5dpo
package and clicked Uninstall.
Then after a little while the same stupid message appeared:

componenttreeview.pas(41,18) Fatal: Can't find unit ComponentTreeView
used by ObjectInspector

Why can't it find this when it obviously belongs to Lazarus itself?
It has nothing to do with 5dpo and even so I am now trying to get rid
of 5dpo alltogether....

I have absolutely no idea what to do about that since I have not
touched anything remotely like such a file and it must have been
present before, otherwise I would not have had a working Lazarus,
right?

Note that this is not *my* package at all, it is a package for serial
communications that I first downloaded from SF and since it was too
old (not the most recent) today I got more recent files from SVN.

Sigh...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden