[Lazarus] How to stop Lazarus from loading previous project on start?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 07:28:17 CET 2010

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 00:00:17 +0000, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

>On 02/11/2010 22:22, Bo Berglund wrote:

>>> componenttreeview.pas is part of IDEIntf =>  a quick file search reveals
>>> that)
>>>
>>> I assume you are compilng your package? =>  then you need IDEIntf as
>>> dependency to you package
>>>
>> This is crazy, I just wanted to uninstall the 5dposerial package so I
>> opened the Package/Configure packages dialog, selected the 5dpo
>> package and clicked Uninstall.
>> Then after a little while the same stupid message appeared:
>>
>> componenttreeview.pas(41,18) Fatal: Can't find unit ComponentTreeView
>> used by ObjectInspector
>
>- new version of fpc?
>- 2 installations of lazarus on one PC?
>- moved or copied the directory with your lazarus installation?
>- removed lazarus, and installed a new lazarus to a diff location?

None of these...
What I did was this:
1) Installed Lazarus from the binary distro (Windows) a few weeks back
2) Downloaded the 5dpo comonent files from SourceForge
3) Copied them into lazarus/components
4) Installed the SdpoSerial component also a few weeks back
5) When using it found that the SF download contained old code
6) Installed SVN and retrieved the HEAD version of 5dpo
7) Copied this to lazarus/components (renamed existing folder first)
8) In Lazarus tried to install the SdpoSerial component again, failed
9) Renamed the Sdpo folders to reinstate the old situation
10) Tried uninstalling the 5Dpo package, failed
11) Tried compile the SdpoSerial package, no errors
12) Tried Install the SdpoSerial package, still the same error

What can I do except scrapping Lazarus and return to Delphi?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden