[Lazarus] Compiling lazarus in a headless server

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 10:24:20 CET 2010

Op 2010-11-04 10:19, Sven Barth het geskryf:

> That will only work if ssh and sshd are configured correctly. I don't
> know about Ubuntu, but at least in ArchLinux one has to allow remote X
> access and some other things. (I'm not at my Linux computer currently,
> so I can't look it up...)

You don't need to set X remote permissions (like in the olden days) and no
need to export the DISPLAY environment variable. SSH handles everything for
you and all traffic is going through the SSH protocol and port. As long as
the remote server runs a SSH daemon so you can connect to it, it will work.
Well at least so it has for the last couple of years on our Linux servers.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/