[Lazarus] Custom draw menu

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Fri Nov 5 17:26:16 CET 2010

05.11.2010 23:08, Birger Jansen wrote:
>> If it uses native controls, you have to ask Microsoft. I doubt they will
>> give you the code, though. ;)
>>
>> Joost.
> I can try...
> But there has to be a link somewhere between the TMenuItem class and the code that actually draws this menu, right? How does Windows knwt that is has to look for a TMenu control and then draw the menu?
If we speak about windows only (win32/win64) then you can look at
win32wsmenus.pas. We are drawing windows menu there. I don't remember
exactly what is the reason that we draw the menu but iirc we do this to
support glyphs. There you can find both code for vista and pre vista
menu drawing.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.