[Lazarus] Custom draw menu

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Sun Nov 7 11:15:26 CET 2010

07.11.2010 16:14, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> This sounds more like defeating the point of what LCL is trying to be.
> With your logic I can say fpGUI is a native widgets too, because it
> uses native window handles for every component, I just does the
> drawing itself. :)
Not exactly. If we are using HMenu we get all the messages it
broadscasts and we have the native behavior with clicks, etc.

There is nothing wrong if we will use native drawing for menus where it
is possible. Say no glyphs in the menubar, and Menu.OwnerDraw property
is set to False. But we must also have methods to draw the menu ourself
since we need to support glyphs and OwnerDraw property in the future.
Therefore implementing native draw for menus is a time waste although
I'm not againt that and already thought to do this few times.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.