[Lazarus] Custom draw menu

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 12:19:52 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

Saturday, November 6, 2010, 11:44:59 PM, you wrote:

GG> OK, so that explains menu items (as in the items in dropdown menus or
GG> popup menus), but that doesn't explain the TMainMenu bar. Nobody puts
GG> images in those (well no app I have ever seen in the last 15 years),
GG> and that's the component two bug reports were raised about, in two
GG> different windows versions.
GG> Thanks Sergei for explaining some of the reasoning for custom drawn
GG> menu items though. It seems nobody else knew the exact answer.

There are more reasons to use the native component that many people
are not aware of them, like (in windows) using native Menu control
with custom paint si not the same as using a full custom paint
control, in example screen readers will work with native control
custom painted while they will not work in something like fpGUI.
That's not a defect of fpGUI ;)

--
Best regards,
 José