[Lazarus] Control view style 3D?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 18:59:17 CET 2010

On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:19:05 +0100, Andreas Schneider <aksdb at gmx.de>
wrote:

>On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 08:34:30 +0100, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> I am new to Lazarus but I have noted that the controls I put on a form
>> look very "flat"...
>> I am used to having sunken controls, but there seems to be no place to
>> set such a property. Am I missing something here?
>> The application now looks like a Java app. :-(
>>

>Which controls, which widgetset and which OS?

Hmm, I thougt that the idea behind FPC/Lazarus was that you "write
once compile everywhere" and then the question of OS becomes moot.

The controls I put on my form were simply a TButton and 3 TEdits.
I am testing Lazarus on a WinXP virtual machine at the moment because
I am used to Windows. But the target eventually will be Linux (Debian)
on an embedded card with a touch LCD screen.

I thought that I would not need to develop on that limited platform
but could do everything on Windows, then compile for the Linux
platform and go from there.

But your comment indicates to me that the "compile everywhere" is not
working to create an application that looks the same everywhere...

Or maybe it does but then one has to accept flat form faces in Java
style?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden