[Lazarus] Control view style 3D? (1/1)

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 00:10:05 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

BB> Why is the lazarus looks correct and "classic xp" the wrong theme?
BB> My preferences are different.
BB> If I want the programs to look like on XP how do I go about it?

Disable using manifest file in Project Properties. Delphi 7 is before
WinXP so it does not honor the theme settings, while in Lazarus they
are native. This is the first time I see a complaint about "I like the
outdated mode" instead "I like the new look" :-)

BB> In Delphi I can "flatten" the edit control by setting property Ctrl3D
BB> to false (it defaults to true), but in Lazarus there is no such
BB> property.....
BB> And buttons cannot be flattened in Delphi7.

Put your WindowsXP as Classic theme and everything looks like Delphi7
applications, including the Lazarus ones. Ctrl3D is deprecated and
does nothing in WinXP and newer systems with themes.

BB> Note that I am just exploring the Lazarus/FPC capabilities before I
BB> embark on bigtime development to make the Linux target program, which
BB> I want to not be flat looking.

The flat look is defined by your theme, is not a Lazarus problem/bug
the user decides how they visual objects looks, not the application
developer. In Linux, using GTK in example, is the GTK engine which
based in user settings decide how objects will look.

--
Best regards,
 José