[Lazarus] Lazarus download page

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Nov 10 20:36:06 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 17:54 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:37:25 +0100, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been playing to build some more user-friendly download page with
> > installation instructions.
> >
> > Before I continue, I would like to know whay you guys find of the basic
> > idea:
> >
> > http://www.lazarussupport.com/tmp/index.psp/Compiler?section2=DownloadWizard
> >
> > Note: rest of the site doesn't work with this url. It's only to show the
> > download-page. Clicking next a few times with the default options will
> > work. If you select something else strange things might happen...
> >
> > Joost.
>
> Nice idea!
> However I would suggest to reduce it to two steps, with the first one
> being categorized (Lazarus, Documentation, ...) and each of them having
> radio boxes (Windows, Linux, Mac .... or for the docs CHM, HTML, PDF,
> etc.).

I don't think it's doable in two steps. For example: Linux has several
distributions. And there's the 32/64 bit step.

If you squeeze it into two steps, there are too much options. Or in the
end, you got a page which has to contain information for too much
different setups.

> Basically somewhat like SourceForge, just less generic :D

This system is more generic then SourceForge's. ;)

Joost.