[Lazarus] Lazarus download page

Ċ½ilvinas Ledas zilvinas.ledas at dict.lt
Fri Nov 12 18:14:06 CET 2010

On 2010-11-12 19:05, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 18:44 +0100, Vincent Snijders wrote:
>> 2010/11/10 Joost van der Sluis<joost at cnoc.nl>:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've been playing to build some more user-friendly download page with
>>> installation instructions.
>>>
>>> Before I continue, I would like to know whay you guys find of the basic
>>> idea:
>>>
>>> http://www.lazarussupport.com/tmp/index.psp/Compiler?section2=DownloadWizard
>>>
>>> Note: rest of the site doesn't work with this url. It's only to show the
>>> download-page. Clicking next a few times with the default options will
>>> work. If you select something else strange things might happen...
>> I ignored the instructions and clicked on the title bar of each option
>> and expected it to go to the next page. I expected the triangle to
>> expand and collapse the option.
> How about this:
>
> http://www.lazarussupport.com/tmp/index.psp/Compiler?section2=DownloadWizard
>
> Joost.
My personal opinion: overall - good. But those expandable bars are not
intuitive. Maybe it could be something like: "v Install Lazarus and Free
Pascal, select this >"
where "v Install Lazarus and Free Pascal" part expands information block
and " select this >" part selects it.

What is more, BACK button in my browser does not work (Firefox 3,6)! So
there is no way to go back to select another option.

Regards
Ċ½ilvinas Ledas