[Lazarus] Free Pascal 2.4.2 released!

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 22:52:12 CET 2010

Bo Berglund schrieb:

> If I do this in the directory C:\Programs\lazarus:
> C:\Programs\lazarus\fpc\2.4.2\bin\i386-win32\make.exe clean all
> will this recompile lazarus with the new fpc?

Only if there is a Makefile in that directory.

> Or do I need to make some changes elsewhere first?

I use to change the PATH in my console window to e.g.
   PATH=D:\lazarus\fpc\2.4.2\bin\i386-win32
or whatever is applicable to your installation. This way no other
(BDS...) tools can get into the way. Effectively I've put according
setpath24.bat and setpath25.bat files into the bin directory, that is in
the initial Windows PATH.

Then I CD into the desired FPC (or Lazarzus) directory, where the
Makefile resides, and do a make clean all.

> How is the new compiler specified for the rebuild?

This can be done with the PP=... or FPC=... options (should be equivalent):
   make clean all PP=C:\Programs\lazarus\fpc\2.4.2\bin\i386-win32\fpc.exe

DoDi