[Lazarus] Multiple FPC versions for Lazarus 0.9.28.2? - LazarusRevision.PNG (0/1) - FPCError.PNG (0/1)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 00:39:31 CET 2010

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 23:25:13 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:15:23 +0000, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>
>>0.9.28.3 would be here:
>>http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_0_9_28
>
>I checked out this version too..
>This compiled with FPC 2.4.2, but the trunk version did not.
>So I deleted that tree.
>
>I guess I will go with the fixes_0_9_28 branch for now.

Well, this lazarus version compiled fine with fpc 2.4.2 and then I
started it with the command line switch to relocate the config dir to
another location. I had copied my old lazarus config files there as a
starting point.
Once Lazarus opened I went to Environment/Options in order to tell
Lazarus which compiler it should use.

Now I have a problem because it insists on me specifying the fpc
source dir and there ain't one....
I installed FPC 2.4.2 from the Windows binary installer and it did not
deposit any fpc sources, so there is nowhere to point this config
setting. Why is this needed? FPC is already compiled and should not
need any sources...

Then it also complains of the following (see attached screenshot):

"The project uses target OS=win32 and CPU=i386
The system.ppu for this target was not found in the FPC binary
directories. Make sure fpc is installed correctly for this target and
the fpc.cfg contains the right directories"

Why does this happen? I have compiled lazarus itself successfully
using 2.4.2, so why should it have problems now?
It displays 0.9.28.3 on the startup screen so I know it is the new
lazarus...

Bo Berglund