[Lazarus] When do I need a component rather than a plain object?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 12:02:24 CET 2010

Op 2010-11-16 12:32, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:
> In 12 years, I never experienced any of the problems you describe.
> Not in Lazarus, not in Delphi.
>
> So I cannot say that my experience supports your conclusion.

We used to use Team Coherence (and old VCS that is dying a slow death) that
actually had a feature to help developers with exactly that. You could
setup file groups and and it had some known groups pre-setup for you. So in
TC you only saw the .pas files, but checking out a .pas, also checked out
the associated .dfm file (if it had one). It had similar pre-setup groups
for Delphi's project or package files too.

So I guess some other developers also made such mistakes for TC to have
such a feature. ;-) It was pretty handy though.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/