[Lazarus] When do I need a component rather than a plain object?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 14:05:32 CET 2010

Op 2010-11-16 14:45, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:

> It's the first thing I remove. I inadvertantly destroyed
> this generated-and-folded code on more than one occasion :(

As far as I can recall you said in was the code-folding support in Lazarus
IDE that caused you problems. You never mentioned exactly what those
problems where though.

Highlighting code and pressing the delete key is an issue with the
developer, not the software. ;-)

> Just to say that use cases vary. There is no one-size-fits-all solution.

This is true. I was simply highlighting the fact that auto-generated code
doesn't need to overwhelm the developers editor, it can be hidden from
view. If I recall (from 7 years ago), Visual Studio did [does] exactly the
same.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/