[Lazarus] TDBF extension question

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Nov 17 12:28:44 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 19:21 -0600, Marco Aurelio Ramirez Carrillo wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Years ago, when the TDBF component was made first for delphi,
> I downloaded and made an extension, which replaces the "TDBF.path" property,
> for a reference for a Database component with the path.
>
> TDBF =>
> TDBFDatabase, TDBFTable, ...
>
> Thisway, I could have several TDBF tables linkes,
> to a single TDBF database component,
> with a single path.
>
> The database component was planned to be used for future related components,
> suich queries, etc.
>
> In that time, I send some emails, to the TDBF page,
> to see what they think, but got no answer.
> Recently, I found the source code,
> and migrated to Lazarus (using Lazarus TDBF source).
>
> What do you think I should to be included in Lazarus ?

First of all, tDbf is distributed with Free Pascal, and not Lazarus.

> (1) Change name to TDBF2, TDBFExt, TDBFDB and included in Lazarus
> (2) Change name to TDBF2, TDBFExt, TDBFDB and keep it a s a separate component.
> (3) other

You are free to build your own components, and publish them. Maybe you
can even use the Lazarus-ccr for that. If the component becomes popular
and well-maintained, mqybe it will evenutally end up in the default
Lazarus-distribution.

Joost.