[Lazarus] CI ( Continuous Integration )

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Nov 20 13:24:16 CET 2010

On 20/11/2010 12:00, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis wrote:
> Στις 20/11/2010 1:46 μμ, ο/η Martin έγραψε:
>> On 20/11/2010 11:03, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> i realize that Lazarus is a "hobby" / volunteers project but is it
>>> possible to use some sort of Continuous Integration
>>> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_integration ) ?
>>>
>>> I used Bamboo for a while, 4 years ago, and it was definitelly an
>>> improvement for that projects team. At least it gaves us an early
>>> indication that the commits was making the poject unbuildable.
>>
>> Well that is more or less what we do. (Though i can't speak for
>> everyone, just my experience, and what I see in terms of others
>> commits).
>
> Sorry i don't understand.
>
> Your daily involvement with the Lazarus project, includes building
> trunk 2 - 3 times, to see that projects builds, at least for the most
> interesting platforms ?

No, I check in that often. I build that often (or even more often for my
platform (I *always* [1] build before I check in)

Then every night (as Vincent pointed out) snapshots are build. They may
not be for *all* platforms at the moment, that is a matter of
configuration. And a matter of setting up a notification system. As you
pointed out, no one is working fulltime on it, the amount of daily
changes, hardly require a rebuild every few hours.

***** So IMHO we don't need another Sytem to detect build errors => we
have one, we only need to finish it's setup *****

Martin

[1] Allowing for being human and forget every once in a long while