[Lazarus] Web Module not works on Linux

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 20 13:30:52 CET 2010

On 20.11.2010 13:18, silvioprog wrote:
> Hi Michael, ;)
>
> 2010/11/19 <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be <mailto:michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be>>
>

>     Well, you can not use it in a CGI application. Interfaces is for GUI
>     support. A CGI by definition has no GUI.
>

> But in Windows works perfectly, the error is only in Linux (Ubuntu). :(

That's just a coincidence. Don't use unit interfaces in non GUI
applications.

>     It makes no sense to use it. Why would you need that ?
>

> Hm..., I need of Interfaces to use my new function (LSStreamToBase64Str
> [http://code.google.com/p/lazsolutions/source/browse/trunk/Core/LSUtils.pas#546]).
> For a better explanation, see the simple project in attached (rename
> from "LSStreamToBase64Str_CGITeste.zip_" to
> "LSStreamToBase64Str_CGITeste.zip"). If possible, test the TestWithLRS demo.

I've looked at that method. It does not rely on any visual code, so I'd
suggest you to move those methods that don't use any GUI related code
(e.g. dialogs, etc) to another unit where only units from RTL and FCL
are included. This unit can then be used within your CGI application
without problems.

Regards,
Sven