[Lazarus] Web Module not works on Linux

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 14:21:18 CET 2010

2010/11/20 Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>

> I've looked at your unit again:
>
> The only functions that rely on GUI seem to be LSOpenDialog and
> LSGetWorkAreaRect. You should move those to a LSGUIUtils unit (or however
> you want to name it) and remove the units Classes, Dialogs, ExtDlgs and
> Forms from the uses clause of LSUtils.

Wow, this is a very good idea. I will create a LSDialogs unit. Thanks for
the great idea. :)

> Another note on one of your functions:
> You are aware that LSCurrentUserName will return the user who COMPILED the
> unit, not the one that is running the application?
> If you want to get the environment variable at runtime you should use
> GetEnvironmentVariable (for documentation see here:
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sysutils/getenvironmentvariable.html). You also don't need to use the "%...%" when using that function.

Thanks again for your help, I applied the fix in SVN:

http://code.google.com/p/lazsolutions/source/detail?r=171#

I'll try to solve the problem with Interfaces unit... ;)

--
Silvio Clécio,
*programmer* *ObjectPascal*