[Lazarus] Delphi converter translations

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Nov 22 11:24:41 CET 2010

Zitat von Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com>:

> This mail is inspired by issue #17982: Replacement of dfm file
>
> The converter settings have a radiogroup for targets. I had to
> reorder them at
> one point when more options were added.
> It turned out at least the German translation is wrong.
> Can you people please check the other languages.
> It is extremely confusing if those texts are in a wrong order.
>
> These are the resource strings:
>
>   lisConvertTarget1 = 'Lazarus';
>   lisConvertTarget2 = 'Lazarus and Delphi';
>   lisConvertTarget3 = 'Lazarus for Windows only';
>   lisConvertTarget4 = 'Lazarus and Delphi with same DFM file';
>
> One option is to rename the resource thus "forcing" a new translation.

Keeping the name of the resourcestring means that you only fixed a
typo, not the meaning.

If you change the meaning of an identifier, either rename it or delete
them from all translations.

Ergo: It is a bad idea to use numbers for resourcestrings. The make
resourcestring dialog creates names from the value to avoid this
problem.

Mattias