[Lazarus] Debugging Lazarus IDE (Package access violation)

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 14:19:18 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> wrote:

> > By the way, the bug listed as solved (
> > http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=17437) probably still exist.
> Actually
> > the makefiles in the folder \components\lazcontrols are the only one that
> > occasionally contains extra relative up and after that Lazarus down
> > (../../../Lazarus/lcl instead of ../../lcl),
>
> That probably means you are mixing packages from two Lazarus
> source directories.
> This is allowed, although in case of lazcontrols this is almost always
> a bad idea. I'm not sure where to put a warning for this case.

Mattias, you were right, I was too fast at the statement of the bug
existence, and it seems that there a reason why this makefiles were changed.
Initially I opened lazarus.lpi with lazarus 9.28.2, he showed an error in
dividerbevel.pas about overriding non-existent method, after that I saw that
it's not a good idea trying to compile new lazarus with an old one and went
fpc make way, but it looks like this makefiles were automatically managed by
the lazarus, that corrected the pathes, right? So the changes I made in the
IDE made this mix possible. I just tried to reproduce it from start and yes,
the files are changed right after pressing F9 in the old IDE.

The only thing that makes me sad is that there were no save buttons pressed
and nevertheless an irreversible change are made to the files (SVN Update no
longer download correct versions).  I suppose there's no chance for
disk-based utilities work other way (for example changing makefile it
memory), but can this automatic management be controlled by me in some way?

Max Vlasov