[Lazarus] How to tell lazarus the location of a used package?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 17:19:05 CET 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 18:39:05 +0000, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

>On 22/11/2010 18:24, Bo Berglund wrote:

>>> and that means you want for at least one of them use (command line
>>> param, use windows shortcut / properties )
>>> --primary-config-path=C:\path\to\conf
>>>
>>> as long as they share the config dir, you may get a lot of oddities...
>> If I do nothing, will they share or not share the config dir?
>> And where is this config dir located?
>>

>They will share by default.
>
>depends on os and os version
>
>vista:
>C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\lazarus
>
>linux
>/home/username/.lazarus

Then I don't understand...
I have done nothing about the config (since i did not know it
existed), so my new SVN version of Lazarus (the fixes branch) should
read the same data as the normal lazarus, right?
Then the same project opened in both lazarus:es would compile the same
way, right?
But the original lazarus does not complain about SdpoSerial, but the
SVN version does. How come?
Is there a dependency on which version of FPC is used? The SVN version
also uses the latest *released* FPC version, while the original
lazarus uses the FPC delivered in the setup for lazarus on Windows.

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden