[Lazarus] GUI development for web UI

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Nov 24 20:52:35 CET 2010

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, Dariusz Mazur wrote:

>> Again, if my assumption is correct, my system again scales better, because
>> it does not need nearly the memory your system uses.
>
> Of course. I didn;t say not. But many Delphi todays application need involve
> strong interaction between database and user front end. Very often, after
> user actions, rather complicated computation on huge amount of data is done,
> and its transfer to forms.
> My approach has better scalability from programmer side: I don;t need thing
> about browser, what should compute server and what not. Browser paint
> beautiful widgets (with CSS3,HTML5) similar as OS Windows or GTK, QT. All
> rest i've done without care which widgets set will be used.

This I understand 100%, and I hope to get there too.

My desktop app is a 3-tier app. I am used to such a system:
- program server modules for DB-intensive tasks and fast data throughput.
   (it's a server that listens on a socket).
- program a fat client for user interaction.

This can be done 100% rad.

I simply want to do the same for web
- Server is a webserver with module/fastcgi/whatever
- Fat Client is the browser, and Javascript.
The client is currently not yet 100% RAD, but we'll get there in the end :-)

There are many roads to follow.

Michael.