[Lazarus] What is a TSQLTransaction and why do I need one?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 09:37:05 CET 2010

Martin Schreiber wrote:

> Firebird has the ability for 'named transactions'. It is possible to run
> multiple transactions in parallel on a single connection. PostgreSQL does not
> offer this possibility. In PQ there is for every transaction a separate
> connection and even an additional server process AFAIK!

It was the multiplicity of handles- a long-term one for the connection
object and short-term ones for transaction objects- that gave me
problems with listen/notify.

I've got quite a lot of Delphi code here that relies on transactions and
(in a limited number of cases) table/row locking. It's going to be
"interesting" porting that to Lazarus.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk