[Lazarus] How to tell lazarus the location of a used package?

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 13:54:17 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is exactly why I get worried about the packages being totally IDE
> global no matter where they are stored.

Bo, you could notice the discussion about optimization recently, it was also
package-related and today I learned a little bout 9.29 build macros feature.

I think it's one of the thing (at least supposed to be) that makes packages
less global. For example, you can have package with a single unit, and the
uni lists many other units in its uses section. After that you define a
build macro changing the search paths depending on the chosen macro value.
This value is listed as a drop-down value in the main project options.
Starting this moment the package starts to begin being project dependent.
You want two versions ago - you change the macro value and rebuild.

The only problem is that it seems that it does not work exactly like Mattias
described, changing the values doesn't change the following build result or
at least one perform special actions in order for to work (I'm not yet aware
which actions). But I'm sure it can be fixed in the future.

Maxs Vlasov