[Lazarus] Applying optimization to the project units

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 14:17:31 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:43:09 +0300
> Max Vlasov <max.vlasov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 1:50 AM, Mattias Gaertner <
> nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> > > wrote:

> > > logic of
> tried
> > > finally
> for
> > > the
> just
> the
> there's an
> change
> > > this
> problem
> > > if I
> find

> "build
> about
> > >
> > > If the build options changed the package is recompiled.

> only
> with
> > > my
> > >
> > > No force needed.
> > >

> > Mattias, there's still something missing in my understanding. I looked
> also
> > at http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Macros_and_Conditionals and tried
> > do as suggested. My package now contains macro munilib_optimization with
> > values 'General' and 'Full'
> >
> > if munilib_optimization = 'General' then
> >   CustomOptions:='-O1'
> > else
> >   CustomOptions:='-O3'
> >
> > Then I try to change the value munilib_optimization in the main project
> > Build modes (the project uses this package) . Ctrl-F9 -> Nothing changes
> > (the corresponding .ppu and .o for the unit in question stays the same
> date
> > regardless of my change), Build All -> Also nothing changes.
>
> This should work.
> Under what platform, fpc version?
> Can you send me an example?

Mattias, it's great that it should work as I expected, let's see what I did
wrong :)

Lazarus 0.9.29 r28448 FPC 2.4.2 i386-win32-win32/win64

The following actions to reproduce:

------------------------------------------ Create package
conditionalpackage.lpk,

------------------------------------------- add this unit to the package

unit conditionalunit;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

interface uses Classes, SysUtils, Dialogs, MsgUnit;

procedure ShowProjDependentMessage;

implementation

procedure ShowProjDependentMessage;
begin
  MessageDlg(UnitMessage, mtInformation, [mbOk], 0);
end;

end.

------------   Place file MsgUnit in subfolder Ver1

unit MsgUnit;

interface

const
  UnitMessage = 'This is first version';

implementation

end.

------------ And this one in the subfolder Ver2

unit MsgUnit;

interface

const
  UnitMessage = 'This is second version';

implementation

end.

Builds macro
ConditionalPackage_Version
with subvalues 1 and 2

Conditional text

if ConditionalPackage_Version = '1' then
  UnitPath := 'Ver1\'
else
  UnitPath := 'Ver2\'

Create a project that uses this package and conditionalunit, place a button,
call ShowProjDependentMessage.

If we did nothing, the message will be This is second version'. If I go the
the project Build macro and chose version 1 then ..
- Ctrl-F9 the message is still the same (second version),
- Build all -> still the same,
- Compile in the package window, compile project - still the same.

Max Vlasov